The report was based on analysis of campaigns sent in March and April 2020 by Campaign Monitor customers globally in 19 industries. The researchers compared the monthly average open rate, clickthrough rate, click-to-open rate, and unsubscribe rate for 2020 with the corresponding period and rate in 2019 (see the full methodology as well as an in-depth analysis by vertical here).
Compared with the year-earlier period, the average open rate across all industries examined increased 4.1% in March and 3.6% in April.
That rise in engagement was not because of fewer campaigns: Total send volume across industries stayed consistent with 2019 March and April levels.
However, the changes in engagement varied significantly by industry. For example, the average open rate for the Education vertical was up 13.2% in March, whereas the average open rate for the Automotive and Aerospace industry was down 4.6%.
About the research: The report was based on analysis of campaigns sent in March and April, 2020, by Campaign Monitor customers globally in 19 industries.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Get Started With Multilingual Email Marketing
- Email Opens Are Not Dead: What's Changed and What Hasn't
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023
- Engagement-Based Email Segmentation: How to Ensure Your Messages Land in the Inbox
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing