As companies continue to embrace software-as-a-service (SaaS) for the most strategically critical applications in their businesses, 52% say they are deploying SaaS for customer relationship management (CRM), making it the most widely adopted application of SaaS, according to a study from Avanade.
Other strategically important application areas include business intelligence, enterprise resource planning, collaboration software, and financial systems.
Some 40% of companies of companies surveyed say customer relationship management is a crucial differentiator for their business, while 37% cite business intelligence systems.
Looking for great digital marketing data? MarketingProfs reviewed more than 200 research sources and selected 64 of the best to create the Digital Marketing Factbook a 144-page compilation of data and 110 charts, covering email marketing, search engine marketing, and social media. Also check out The State of Social Media Marketing, a 240-page original research report from MarketingProfs.
Below, deployment highlights among companies that use SaaS applications:
- 65% say they have generated a reasonable return on investment from their deployment.
- 90% say their SaaS deployments have been successful, but 54% would have done a more rigorous analysis of costs and business benefits before deploying SaaS-based applications.
- 30% report more than one day of lost business due to a service outage.
- 93% say their SaaS experience has been successful and more than 62% plan to increase their SaaS use in the next year.
- Globally, there is a 2:1 ratio of companies that prefer SaaS delivered internally (or as private services) versus from third-party service providers.
About the data: The Cloud Computing survey was conducted by Kelton Research on behalf of Avanade. The 502 respondents include C-level executives, business leaders, and IT decision-makers from 16 countries in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Continue reading "Companies Embrace SaaS for CRM" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Relationships:
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]