Despite the widespread use of social networks among US companies, only 11% have fully integrated social media into existing business programs, according to a study by InSites Consulting. Moreover, only 38% of companies say they share the outcomes of social interactions with the entire organization.
Below, additional findings from the global study titled "The 4 Cs of the Conversation Company," by InSites Consulting.
Among the companies surveyed, roughly one-half (47%) are still in the early stages of social media integration, and 17% are in the process of integrating social media into their business programs.
One-quarter (25%) of US companies do not use social media marketing.
Top Social Channels
Among surveyed companies, the most poplar platforms are Facebook (80%), LinkedIn (48%), Twitter (45%), and YouTube (31%).
Fewer US brands have an active blog (16%) or use the location-based service Foursquare (9%).
Due to the rise of social media, content management has become increasingly important, and companies acknowledge the need to improve their models of content delivery, according to the study.
Even so, only 47% of all companies surveyed are aware of the opportunities that various channels offer for distributing content, and only 39% have a content strategy in place.
More than one-half (56%) of companies have employees responsible for creating content, but only 36% have bloggers on staff.
Among all surveyed companies, much of the potential of social conversations is untapped:
- 37% post questions to public forums to gain feedback from customers.
- 38% share the outcomes of social interactions with the entire organization.
- 40% monitor customer conversations.
- 48% manage their own conversations.
About the data: Findings are based on a survey of 1,222 senior managers in the US, UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, and Germany. Respondents were from companies across a range of sectors and sizes, serving both B2B and B2C markets.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]