Some 67% of top brands are now using Instagram, reaching more than 100 million active monthly users on the network—a 500% increase in users since last year—according to a recent report from Simply Measured.
Although 76% of the Interbrand Top 100 brands maintain Pinterest profiles, while only 67% have Instagram profiles, the collective audience of those brands is under 500,000 on Pinterest and over 7 million on Instagram.
Below, additional findings from the Simply Measured Instagram Study:
Active Brands Are Posting More Photos
- The percentage of top brands that averaged posting a photo a week dipped slightly in 2Q13 compared with 1Q13, but the percentage of brands posting more than 20 photos per month increased to 37%.
- 23% of active Interbrand 100 companies posted on Instagram more than 50 times a month, up from 20% last quarter.
- There have been more than two million likes, comments and shares of top brands' Instagram photos on Facebook in the year since the network brought to photo sharing application.
- In 2Q13, brands saw an average of 337 likes, comments and shares on each Instagram photo that they posted to Facebook.
- Twitter engagement on Instagram photos dropped 29% in 2Q13, in large part because Instagram stopped supporting embedded images on Twitter.
Most Popular Top Brands on Instagram
- Luxury and apparel brands have found the most success on Instagram. Six of the top ten Interbrand 100 companies on Instagram are in these verticals.
- Nike became the third major brand on the list to crack one million followers in 2Q13, joining MTV and Starbucks.
About the research: The report was based on data collected via the Simply Measured analytics platform on the social media performance of the global Interbrand Top 100 brands.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]