Some 67% of top brands are now using Instagram, reaching more than 100 million active monthly users on the network—a 500% increase in users since last year—according to a recent report from Simply Measured.
Although 76% of the Interbrand Top 100 brands maintain Pinterest profiles, while only 67% have Instagram profiles, the collective audience of those brands is under 500,000 on Pinterest and over 7 million on Instagram.
Below, additional findings from the Simply Measured Instagram Study:
Active Brands Are Posting More Photos
- The percentage of top brands that averaged posting a photo a week dipped slightly in 2Q13 compared with 1Q13, but the percentage of brands posting more than 20 photos per month increased to 37%.
- 23% of active Interbrand 100 companies posted on Instagram more than 50 times a month, up from 20% last quarter.
- There have been more than two million likes, comments and shares of top brands' Instagram photos on Facebook in the year since the network brought to photo sharing application.
- In 2Q13, brands saw an average of 337 likes, comments and shares on each Instagram photo that they posted to Facebook.
- Twitter engagement on Instagram photos dropped 29% in 2Q13, in large part because Instagram stopped supporting embedded images on Twitter.
Most Popular Top Brands on Instagram
- Luxury and apparel brands have found the most success on Instagram. Six of the top ten Interbrand 100 companies on Instagram are in these verticals.
- Nike became the third major brand on the list to crack one million followers in 2Q13, joining MTV and Starbucks.
About the research: The report was based on data collected via the Simply Measured analytics platform on the social media performance of the global Interbrand Top 100 brands.
Continue reading "Instagram More Effective Than Pinterest for Top Brands" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach