YouTube holds the top spot for future plans, with 69% of marketers saying that they plan to increase their use this year. Podcasting could also see significant growth—while only 5% of marketers are currently podcasting, 24% plan on increasing their activities in 2013.
Below, additional key findings from the 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, which surveyed more than 3000 marketers to understand how they are using social media:
Social Media Important, Difficult to Measure
- 86% of marketers indicated that social media is important for their business, up from 83% in 2012.
- 79% of marketers said that they had integrated their social media and traditional marketing activities.
- Only 26% of marketers agreed that they are able to measure their social activities.
- 89% of marketers said that increased exposure was the number one benefit of social media marketing.
Effectiveness of Facebook Marketing
- Only 37% of marketers agreed with this statement: "My Facebook marketing is effective."
- B2C marketers were more likely to agree (44%) than their B2B peers (29%).
- 46% of businesses with 1000 or more employees agreed, compared with only 29% of the self-employed.
What Marketers Want to Learn More About
- At least 88% of marketers want to know the most effective social tactics and the best ways to engage their audience with social media.
- When it comes to social media platforms, marketers want to learn most about blogging: While 58% of marketers are blogging, 62% want to learn more about it and 66% plan on increasing blogging activities in 2013.
About the research: The study was based on a survey of 3025 marketers. 56% of survey participants were primarily B2C marketers, while 44% were primarily B2B marketers.
Continue reading "Facebook, LinkedIn Are Top Social Platforms for Marketers" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
Hot Topics: The Summer Conversions Trending on Twitter [Infographic]
Based on what's been trending on Twitter, this summer is going to be all about live music, discovery, and thrills. read this »
Four Things TikTok Can Teach Us About Presentations
TikTok may be the world's favorite time-waster at the moment, but lessons about speech and presentation can be learned from the annals of its scroll-happy user base. read this »
The Top Pride Hashtags on LinkedIn [Infographic]
To help marketers figure out the best hashtags to use on LinkedIn this Pride Month, the professional social network created this infographic. read this »
The Benefits of Talking About Sustainability on LinkedIn [Infographic]
Explore how addressing sustainability topics on LinkedIn such as emissions and renewable energy can help boost engagement with audiences and influence purchase decisions. read this »
How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
Is TikTok right for business? Is the platform mature enough? How do you get started? We try to answer those questions and more in our conversation with Wave Wyld, a TikTok consultant and queen of trend alerts. read this »
Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
This infographic provides common specs for social media video ads that marketers can use across channels. read this »