Landing pages running $500 giveaway contests generate 700% more email subscribers than landing pages not running contests, according to a recent study by Incentivibe, a company that provides shared contest services.
Other key highlights from the study, which was based on data collected between March 15 and April 15 from three million visitor interactions on 100 websites that ran monthly giveaways, include:
- Sundays had the highest rate of visitors becoming email subscribers, while Wednesdays had the lowest rate.
- 11 p.m. ET had the highest rate of visitors converting into email subscribers, followed by 9 p.m ET.
- Contests were especially effective for the fashion industry—companies in that vertical saw 11 times more email subscribers, compared with 7 times more across all industries.
For more findings from the study, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The study data was collected between March 15, 2013, and April 15, 2013, from 3 million visitor interactions on 100 websites who ran monthly giveaways by using Incentivibe's shared contest services. The 100 websites average 30,000 unique visitors per month.
Continue reading "The Impact of Contests on Email Leads [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Why B2B Brands Face Unique—and Sometimes Self-Inflicted—Email Deliverability Challenges
- How iOS 15 Will Kill Email Open Rates—And How Marketers Can Prepare
- Apple's Hide My Email: A New Reason to Accept Only Corporate Email Addresses
- Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint