Projects on Kickstarter that have videos are 85% more likely to achieve their funding goals, according to a recent report by MWP.
Overall, 48% of the projects examined on the crowdfunding site that were accompanied by videos achieved their goals, compared with 26% of projects that did not have videos.
The report was based on an analysis of 7,196 projects on Kickstarter; 3,166 successfully received funding and 4,030 failed to get funding (this matches Kickstarter's overall 56/44 ratio of funded projects to unfunded projects).
Below, additional key findings from the study.
Which Categories Benefit Most?
- Across all categories, having a video as part of a Kickstarter project greatly increased the chance of success. However, videos were especially beneficial for particular verticals.
- In the food, product design, photography, and children's books categories, having an accompanying video increased a project's chance of achieving funding more than 200%.
Where Are Successful Kickstarter Projects Based?
- Because Kickstarter is US-based, it's not surprising that the majority of projects are from the US. The locations with most successful projects are California (19% of total projects) and New York (13.6%).
- Aside from the US, the UK is by far the most active country on Kickstarter, with 2.6% of successful projects; all other nations account for less than 1%.
For more from the report, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 7,196 projects on Kickstarter; 3,166 successfully received funding, and 4,030 failed to get funding.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]