Industry media sites are the most common source of content shared by B2B marketers on Twitter, accounting for 62% of all content shares, according to a recent analysis by Leadtail and DNN Software.
Mainstream media sites are the second most popular content source, accounting for 25% of Twitter shares.
social media sites are the third most popular source for content, constituting 11% of shares by business-to-business marketers.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above).
Most Shared Industry Media Sources
Mashable is the most popular industry media source for B2B marketers (based on the number of unique marketers in the sample that shared each source on Twitter).
Most Retweeted People
- Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) is the person most retweeted by B2B marketers (based on the unique number of marketers in the sample that retweeted a handle).
- Jay Baer (@jaybaer) is the second most retweeted, and Michael Brenner (@BrennerMichael) is third.
Most Retweeted Vendors
- HubSpot (@HubSpot) is the most retweeted vendor by B2B marketers.
- Salesforce (@salesforce) is the second most retweeted vendor, and Eloqua (@Eloqua) is third.
How They Share
Despite the myriad of Twitter clients, mobile apps, and specialized social media management platforms, most B2B marketers stick with the classics (Twitter.com, the tweet button on sites, and Twitter for iPhone) when sharing content via Twitter.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above, with a median number of 894 Twitter followers) posted between June 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]