Mainstream media sites are the second most popular content source, accounting for 25% of Twitter shares.
Social media sites are the third most popular source for content, constituting 11% of shares by business-to-business marketers.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above).
Most Shared Industry Media Sources
Mashable is the most popular industry media source for B2B marketers (based on the number of unique marketers in the sample that shared each source on Twitter).
Most Retweeted People
- Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) is the person most retweeted by B2B marketers (based on the unique number of marketers in the sample that retweeted a handle).
- Jay Baer (@jaybaer) is the second most retweeted, and Michael Brenner (@BrennerMichael) is third.
Most Retweeted Vendors
- HubSpot (@HubSpot) is the most retweeted vendor by B2B marketers.
- Salesforce (@salesforce) is the second most retweeted vendor, and Eloqua (@Eloqua) is third.
How They Share
Despite the myriad of Twitter clients, mobile apps, and specialized social media management platforms, most B2B marketers stick with the classics (Twitter.com, the tweet button on sites, and Twitter for iPhone) when sharing content via Twitter.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above, with a median number of 894 Twitter followers) posted between June 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013.
Continue reading "How B2B Marketers Use Twitter: Top Content Sources, Most Retweeted Handles" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach