Mainstream media sites are the second most popular content source, accounting for 25% of Twitter shares.
Social media sites are the third most popular source for content, constituting 11% of shares by business-to-business marketers.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above).
Most Shared Industry Media Sources
Mashable is the most popular industry media source for B2B marketers (based on the number of unique marketers in the sample that shared each source on Twitter).
Most Retweeted People
- Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) is the person most retweeted by B2B marketers (based on the unique number of marketers in the sample that retweeted a handle).
- Jay Baer (@jaybaer) is the second most retweeted, and Michael Brenner (@BrennerMichael) is third.
Most Retweeted Vendors
- HubSpot (@HubSpot) is the most retweeted vendor by B2B marketers.
- Salesforce (@salesforce) is the second most retweeted vendor, and Eloqua (@Eloqua) is third.
How They Share
Despite the myriad of Twitter clients, mobile apps, and specialized social media management platforms, most B2B marketers stick with the classics (Twitter.com, the tweet button on sites, and Twitter for iPhone) when sharing content via Twitter.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the tweets of 500 North American B2B marketers (manager level and above, with a median number of 894 Twitter followers) posted between June 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy