Moreover, most marketers surveyed (67%) are unsure which technology tool, if any, they use to manage translation projects; and nearly one-third (31%) don't know how long it takes to complete translation projects.
As for annual spend, 69% of global marketers have no insight into their current budget, and 41.8% don't know their plans for the future.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 500 attendees of the Content Marketing World conference.
- 8% companies that market globally do not translate any content at all.
- Of those that do, the average number of languages that content is translated into is eight.
- The top five languages that global marketers translate English materials into are French, Spanish, German, Chinese, and Japanese.
Need for Translation
- Website materials are the most common type of content translated (79%).
- Next are brochures and product literature (42%), blogs and social media content (23%), and press releases (23%).
Difficulties With Translation
- 30% of survey respondents whose companies market globally say the biggest challenges to localization are high costs and slow turnaround times.
- 20% of participants cited the complexities of keeping branding and messaging consistent globally.
- 19% have experienced difficulties in managing multiple translation vendors and projects.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 attendees of the Content Marketing World conference.
Continue reading "Most Global Marketers Lack Multilingual Content Strategy" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Reimagining B2B Customer Experience: A Post-Pandemic Path Forward
- How to Use ABM Tactics to Support Sales and Influence Buying Committee Decisions
- B2B Enterprise Marketing Strategy in a Pandemic World: Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Outcomes Are In: Why Outcome-Based Marketing Is So Successful
- How to Survey Attendees to Improve Your Virtual Event Strategy [Sample Questions and Metrics]