Of the 600 SMBs surveyed in 3Q13, nearly a quarter (24%) now use Twitter to advertise and promote, up from 22% in 2012 and 16% in 2011.
Other key findings regarding SMBs use of Twitter include:
- 26% of SMBs surveyed rate the quality of lead sources from Twitter as good or excellent, up from 23% in 2012.
- 34% currently have Twitter accounts, and another 42% are planning to add an account.
- 47% of SMBs with Twitter accounts report tweeting daily, and 31% tweet weekly.
- SMBs perceived return on investment for Twitter spends has increased over the past three years—31% now rate the ROI as excellent or extraordinary, compared with 25% in 2012, and 17% in 2011.
Below, additional key insights from the report.
SMBs and social media
- 72% of SMBs surveyed now use social media to promote their businesses.
- 66% say they are extremely or very engaged with their customers on social media.
- 54% report having a Facebook presence, 33% are on LinkedIn, and 25% use Google+.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 3Q13 of 600 small and medium-sized businesses in the US (a combination of B2B and B2C enterprises).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy