Client-side marketers see improving customer experience as the most exciting digital opportunity of 2014, whereas agency marketers see mobile as the most exciting opportunity, according to a recent report from Adobe and Econsultancy.
The online survey of 2,523 marketers found that 20% of client-side respondents and 17% of agency respondents see customer experience as most exciting, compared with 18% and 21%, respectively, for mobile.
Overall, content marketing is seen as the next most exciting digital opportunity, followed by multichannel campaign management, personalization, and social media.
However, when the data is broken out by B2B and B2C-focused respondents, the order of these channels shifts significantly.
Content marketing is seen as the most exciting digital opportunity by nearly a quarter of B2B marketers (24%), compared with just 11% of B2C marketers.
B2B marketers are also significantly more excited about marketing automation than their B2C peers (9% compared with 3%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Asked to choose their top 2014 digital priorities (i.e., specific tactics as opposed to broad "opportunities"), the largest percentage of client-side marketers picked content marketing (36%); agency respondents, on the other hand, put multichannel campaign management first (35%).
- As with opportunities, top digital priorities vary significantly when respondents are broken out by B2B and B2C focus: In particular, B2B marketers are significantly more likely to call out content marketing as one of their top three priorities for the year ahead (44% for B2B, compared with 28% for B2C).
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 2,523 client-side and agency respondents, carried out in December 2013 and January 2014.
Continue reading "The Most Exciting Digital Marketing Opportunity of 2014" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- How to Meet Customers' New Expectations With Tried-and-True Customer Service Best-Practices
- The Digital Pivot to Online Marketing: Eric Schwartzman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 12 Key Benefits of Influencer Marketing for Brands [Infographic]
- Voice-of-the-Customer Data: The Key to Human-Centered CX
- Why Marketing Maturity Needs to Be Top-of-Mind in Today's Digital Landscape