Marketers find social media analytics tools most valuable for helping with campaign tracking, brand analysis, and competitive intelligence, according to a recent report from Demand Metric and Netbase.
The survey of 125 marketers (70% B2B-focused, 13% B2C, 17% both) found that 60% of respondents use social media analytics tools for campaign tracking, 48% for brand analysis, and 40% for competitive intelligence.
A large number also use social media analytics tools for customer care (36%), product launches (32%), and influencer ranking (27%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Valuable Insights
The vast majority of respondents (66%) say the most valuable insights from social media analytics tools are those that help assess and quantify the degree of engagement.
Social Media Analytics Tool Use
- Overall, 61% of marketers surveyed use analytics tools for social media.
- 53% of the businesses that use social media analytics tools have started doing so in the past two years.
Despite the prevalent use of analytics tools, 70% of marketers surveyed say they still cannot quantify the ROI of their social media efforts.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 125 marketers (70% B2B-focused, 13% B2C, 17% both) conducted in December 2013 and January 2014.
Continue reading "Why Marketers Use Social Media Analytics Tools" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]
- A New Approach to Social Media: Aaron Templer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]