When US moms were polled on what they'd like for the holiday, 44% said they want to spend extra time with their loved ones—the most popular gift option by a significant margin.
Gift cards were second, selected by 29% of moms (respondents could select more than one option). Flowers were the third most wanted gift (28%), followed by jewelry and dining out (26% each).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 3,171 US online shoppers.
What Moms Are Getting
- When consumers were asked what they plan to give their mother this year, flowers ranked as the top gift (37% of respondents).
- Family time and dining out were the second most popular choices (29% each).
- 25% consumers said they plan to spend $50-$99 on Mother’s Day gifts this year.
- 21% plan to spend around $100-$249, and 19% between $25-$49.
- 60% of consumers polled plan to purchase their Mother's Day gifts online.
- 27% of shoppers plan to purchase their gifts two weeks prior to Mother's Day, and 30% one week prior.
- When consumers were asked what type of retailer tactics would entice them to make a purchase this Mother's Day, free shipping topped the list (54% of respondents chose).
- Price cuts where the second most enticing tactic, picked by 45% of respondents (again, consumers could select more than one option).
About the research: The report was on data from a survey conducted in April of 3,171 US online shoppers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Tech Buyers Distrust Brands?
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show