More than half of US consumers (59%) say their television set is being transformed into an overgrown monitor for viewing content they select from an online device, according to a recent report from Adroit Digital.
Men and young adults are significantly more likely to say so than women or older adults: 69% of men surveyed agree that their TV set is becoming a big monitor to display digital on-demand content, compared with 51% of women. Also, 63% of people age 18-24 agree, compared with only 47% of people age 45+.
Over one-third of consumers surveyed (36%) say more than half of their video consumption is now on-demand as opposed to live broadcast television, and 13% say they watch more than 75% of their video content on-demand.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 2,000 consumers from the United States age 18 and older.
- 68% of respondents say they watch video content on YouTube; 51% watch live television broadcasts; and 49% view video content on Netflix.
- 56% of women surveyed say they watch video content on Netflix, compared with 43% of men. Women are also more likely to watch content stored on their DVRs (32% ,compared with 28% of men).
- 28% of respondents say they consume 15 or more hours a week of streaming video content through a game console or Web TV device.
- 67% say they are most likely to consume video content between 4 PM and 12 AM.
Video Ad Length
- 46% of respondents say video ads should be 15 seconds or less to be effective.
- 35% say the optimal video ad length is between 16 and 30 seconds.
- 19% say 31 seconds or longer is best.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2014 of 2,000 consumers from the United States age 18 and older.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services
- How to Use the Awareness Stages to Nurture Leads From MQL to SQL
- How to Build Marketing Automation Campaigns That Prompt Desired Behaviors From Your Leads
- Do People Trust Brands to Protect Their Personal Data?