Digital marketers consider email the most effective digital tactic for building awareness (41% of respondents), boosting acquisition (37%), and increasing conversion (42%), the survey of 300 US-based digital marketers found.
In particular, digital marketers say email shines for customer retention, with 56% of respondents citing it as the most effective tactic.
Respondents with tight budgets especially appreciate email's value early in the sales process: Significantly more respondents with smaller budgets rank email as the most popular tactic for achieving brand awareness than do companies with big budgets.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Though email is viewed as the most effective digital tactic across much of the sales funnel, it remains part of a multipronged approach. Most marketers surveyed get fewer than 25% of their new customers via email campaigns.
- The four most digital tactics used most by respondents are email marketing (86% use regularly), social media marketing (72%), search engine optimization (70%), and content marketing (64%).
- The top three digital-marketing tactics that respondents expect to increase their spend on are social media marketing (38% plan to increase), content marketing (28%), and email marketing (25%).
- Companies with digital marketing budgets over $1 million are more likely to foresee significantly increasing their spend on social media marketing. Companies with smaller budgets plan to spend more on content marketing and email marketing.
- Though many marketers plan to increase their spend on social media marketing, most (52%) agree with the following statement: "It is difficult to prove ROI for social media marketing."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 US-based digital marketers.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Enhancing the B2B Customer Experience to Generate More Sales
- It's Time for Chief Market Officers to Play Offense
- The Three Key Types of Influencer Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- A New Way of Working Remotely: Email and IM Aren't Enough
- Your Messaging Framework: What It Is, Why You Need One, and How to Build It