Three-quarters of marketers who run global email campaigns say they do not maintain a list of regional preferences and instead manage localization on an ongoing basis, according to a recent report from Lionbridge.
Most marketers surveyed (57%) say they do customize/translate email copy for specific countries or regions, and a majority (53%) also create multiple versions of their Web links.
Less than half of respondents customize images (47%), brand messaging (45%), calls-to-action (43%), and colors (19%) for specific locations.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 570 marketers in 25 countries.
Who Handles Global Campaigns
- Most respondents say they execute email strategies internally using either an email marketing system (35.6%) or a marketing automation system (31.4%). Only 7.2% of respondents use an external agency for email.
- 64.1% of respondents say they handle global campaigns centrally at their corporate headquarters.
- Who is responsible for email marketing varies from company to company, with 34.4% of respondents saying it is the responsibility of Digital Marketing in their organization, 40.2% Marketing Operations, and the rest split among Customer Care, Promotions/Program Management, and "Other."
Motivations for Running Email Campaigns
- Respondents say they run global email campaigns for many reasons, including: customer engagement (74%), product announcements/news (71.3%), customer acquisition/product sales (63.3%), brand awareness (57.9%), customer service (45.3%), and customer/industry research (30.8%).
Compliance and Frequency
- 60.4% report that an internal team handles global privacy and legal compliance for email programs and 26.1% say their email system manages it.
- 45.2% of respondents place no restrictions on the frequency of global email campaigns.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in March and April, 2014 of 570 marketers in 25 countries.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing