The report was based on data from a survey of 270 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world who use inbound marketing tactics (75% B2B-focused, 25% B2C).
Just under half of respondents (49%) say increasing conversion rates is one of their most important inbound marketing objectives in the next 12 months. A similar number (48%) say improving lead quality is a top goal.
Other key objectives include: Growing sales revenue (46% of respondents cite as important), increasing the quantity of leads (44%), improving brand awareness (31%), and boosting website traffic (29%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Effective Tactics
- 59% of respondents say content creation is one of most effective inbound tactics they employ.
- 54% say search engine optimization is effective.
- Just 38% of respondents cite social media as one of the most effective inbound tactics.
Most Difficult Tactics
- Content creation, in addition to being one the most effective tactics, is also seen as being one of the most difficult tactics to execute (54% of respondents cite as difficult).
- Other top challenges include: Integrating inbound tactics (39% cite as difficult), search engine optimization (30%), and website design optimization (26%).
- 69% of respondents say their inbound marketing efforts are "somewhat successful"; 23% say they are "very successful"; and 8% say they are "not successful."
- 46% say one of their biggest obstacles is the lack of an effective strategy.
- 41% say the inability to properly tackle content creation is a top challenge.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 270 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world who use inbound marketing tactics (75% B2B-focused, 25% B2C).
Continue reading "B2B Inbound Marketing Snapshot: Top Goals, Tactics, and Challenges" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy: