Just over half (54%) of the advertisers in B2B email newsletters also buy in print, and slightly smaller proportion (47%) supplement their email newsletter campaigns with other digital buys.
The report was based on an analysis conducted between March 2013 and March 2014 of 2,905 B2B email newsletters and 19,915 advertisers.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Ad Types and Locations
- 30% of the B2B email newsletters examined include only one ad space.
- 18% include two advertisements, and another 18% have three ads.
- 34% include four or more advertisements.
- 57% of the newsletters examined display their advertisements above the typical page fold.
- The percentage of ads above the fold varies by industry, with only 44% of agriculture newsletters including ads higher up compared with 64% of industrial newsletters.
Single vs. Multiple Advertisers
- 38% of the email newsletters examined had a dedicated, single advertiser; this type of buy increased from the previous year.
- The prevalence of single advertisers in email newsletters varies by B2B segment. In the auto category, for example, 28% of the email newsletters examined were dedicated to a single advertiser, whereas in the manufacturing vertical, 46% were dedicated.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted between March 2013 and March 2014 of 2,905 B2B email newsletters and 19,915 advertisers.
Continue reading "B2B Email Newsletter Advertising: Benchmarks and Trends" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Taking the Mystery Out of Email Deliverability [Infographic]
- More Meaningful Metrics: Four Tips for Marketers Post-Apple iOS 15 Privacy Updates
- Four Things You Should Know About Email List Validation
- Email Marketing Benchmarks: Trends From 2021
- The Art and Science of Email Survey Invitations
- Eight Alternatives to Open-Triggered Email Sequences in the Age of Mail Privacy Protection