The analysis of the social media accounts of 400 software B2B SMBs in five countries found 29% post to Twitter more than once per day and 48% post more than once per week.
Facebook is the next most frequently used social network, with 25% of companies posting more than twice a week and 37% posting more than four times per month.
LinkedIn ranks as the third most popular social network, with 18% of software B2B SMBs posting more than twice per week and 45% posting more than four times per month.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Posting Frequency by Revenue
- As B2B software SMBs grow in revenue, they post more content to social networks, the analysis found.
- However, once companies hit around $10 million in annual revenue the posting rate evens out.
- 51% of the content B2B software SMBs share on Facebook is owned content (self-created blog posts, white papers, case studies, product/service news, company news, etc.).
- Just 5% is solely third-party content (blog posts, white papers, case studies, and industry news not owned by the company).
- 33% is a mix of owned content and third-party content.
- 11% is about the company culture (office pictures, staff party pictures, conference pictures).
- 76% of the content shared by B2B software companies on Twitter is a mix of owned and third-party.
- 13% is owned content.
- 7% is solely third-party content.
- B2B software SMBs tend to treat LinkedIn similarly to Facebook for content posting.
- 52% of the content shared on LinkedIn is owned content.
- 39% is a mix of owned content and third-party content.
- 4% is about the company culture.
- 5% is solely third-party content.
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of the social media posts of 400 software B2B SMBs based in five countries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- Why and How Businesses Engage in Social Media Listening
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2022 [Infographic]
- Gen Z Trends on YouTube: Three New Types of Creativity [Infographic]
- The Social Media Platforms Used Most by Journalists
- Ad Creative Best-Practices for Reddit [Infographic]