Global consumers appear to be engaging in more multi-screen rather than mobile-only email interactions this year, the analysis found. Moreover, in November, less than half of the emails examined were opened on a mobile device, a decrease from last year when mobile open rates surpassed 50%.
The report was based on data from 16 billion email opens that occurred between October 2013 and December 2014.
Other key holiday mobile email trends highlighted in the report:
- Last year, 62% of all email opens occurred on mobile devices on Christmas Day; the proportion this year could serve as a good indicator of whether the move to mobile has accelerated or steadied.
- Despite reports of declining sales, iPads continue make up more than 20% of email opens on iOS devices, indicating people may be sticking with their existing tablets rather than using them less.
- Residents of the United Kingdom average the most mobile emails opens (60%) of any country examined.
- Apparel retailers have the highest mobile email open rates (59%) of any industry.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from 16 billion email opens that occurred between October 2013 and December 2014.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing