Some 70% of those buying gifts say they plan to spend less than $50; 16% plan to spend less than $100.
The men surveyed plan to spend more on gifts compared with the women surveyed ($61 vs. $47, on average).
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults living in the United States. Some 59% of respondents say they plan to celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Wanted Valentine's Day Gifts
- 43% of respondents say they want a trip/vacation for Valentine's Day.
- 17% want a dinner out.
- 8% want a new pet.
- 6% want jewelry.
Gifts Women Would Rather Not Receive
- 39% of women surveyed do not want to receive a stuffed animal on Valentine's Day.
- 29% don't want lingerie.
- 28% don't want alcohol.
Top Reasons Women Celebrate Valentine's Day
- 55% of women say they celebrate Valentine's Day to spend quality time with their partner.
- 13% celebrate to give gifts.
Top Reasons Men Celebrate Valentine's Day
- 51% of men say they celebrate Valentine's Day to spend quality time with their partner.
- 12% celebrate because they feel obligated.
Check out the infographic for more:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults living in the United States.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees