Some 70% of those buying gifts say they plan to spend less than $50; 16% plan to spend less than $100.
The men surveyed plan to spend more on gifts compared with the women surveyed ($61 vs. $47, on average).
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults living in the United States. Some 59% of respondents say they plan to celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Wanted Valentine's Day Gifts
- 43% of respondents say they want a trip/vacation for Valentine's Day.
- 17% want a dinner out.
- 8% want a new pet.
- 6% want jewelry.
Gifts Women Would Rather Not Receive
- 39% of women surveyed do not want to receive a stuffed animal on Valentine's Day.
- 29% don't want lingerie.
- 28% don't want alcohol.
Top Reasons Women Celebrate Valentine's Day
- 55% of women say they celebrate Valentine's Day to spend quality time with their partner.
- 13% celebrate to give gifts.
Top Reasons Men Celebrate Valentine's Day
- 51% of men say they celebrate Valentine's Day to spend quality time with their partner.
- 12% celebrate because they feel obligated.
Check out the infographic for more:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults living in the United States.
Continue reading "Valentine's Day Gifts: Average Spend, Most Desired Items [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021