Moreover, 89% of marketers say they can tie their RTM efforts to overall business goals, and 59% say they plan to increase their RTM budget in the year ahead.
The report was based on data from a survey of 200 manager and executive-level real-time marketers at companies with more than $100 million in revenue.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
What Is Real-Time Marketing?
- 49% of respondents say real-time marketing is the ability to respond within minutes to an event.
- 26% say it is the ability to respond within seconds.
Current Response Times
- 93% of marketers say they need to respond to trending social media content more quickly to improve their RTM efforts.
- 26% say they can respond to events within 16-30 minutes; 25% say they can respond within 1-15 minutes.
Real-Time Marketing Tactics
- 62% of respondents say they using marketing automation tactics, such as sending triggered emails, as part of their RTM efforts.
- 58% say they respond to timely news, trends, and events on social media.
Real Time-Marketing Motivations
- 56% of respondents say they are employing real-time marketing to form customer relationships.
- 55% say they are doing so to promote events.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 200 manager and executive-level real-time marketers at companies with more than $100 million in revenue.
Continue reading "The Real-Time Marketing Landscape" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Five Tips for Creating a Successful B2B Marketing Campaign
- Are You Making the Right B2B Martech Investments to Optimize for Agile Methods?
- Creating a Better Audience Experience: Oli Gardner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Senior Marketers Set Their Budgets
- Four Ways to Reduce Churn and Create a Companywide Culture of Customer Success