More than one-third (36%) of smartphone video viewers say they watch long-form video (five minutes or longer) daily or more frequently, according to a recent report from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and On Device Research.
The report was based on data from a survey of 4,800 consumers in 24 countries who own a smartphone and watch videos on it.
Some 58% of respondents say they watch short videos (under 5 minutes) daily or more frequently.
Other key findings from the report include:
- 35% of respondents report watching more video on their smartphone compared with last year; this percentage is even higher in the US (50%), Canada (42%), New Zealand (42%), South Africa (42%), and the UK (40%).
- 53% of respondents say they often or sometimes watch mobile video while watching TV.
- 48% of respondents only or mostly use mobile apps to watch video on their smartphone.
- 68% of respondents share the videos they watch on their smartphones; 42% say social media is a way they often find the videos they watch on their smartphone.
Check out the infographic below for more insights:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 4,800 consumers in 24 countries who own a smartphone and watch videos on it.
Continue reading "Consumers' Mobile Video Viewing Habits [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Traditional Content Marketing Is Broken—Here's How Amplified Marketing Can Fix It
- The Podcast Boom: Audience and Content Trends
- The Content Preferences of B2B Buyers
- A Marketer's Guide to YouTube for Business: Nick Nimmin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Different Business Teams Distribute Video Content
- The Video Content B2B Buyers Find Most Helpful