The report was based on a Gallup Panel survey, conducted between April 17 and May 18, of 15,747 US adults who say they have a smartphone.
Some 41% of respondents say they check/use their smartphone a few times an hour on average, and an additional 11% say they do so every few minutes; 20% say they check about once an hour; 24%, a few times a day; 2%, once a day; and 2%, less than once a day.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 73% of respondents age 18-29 say they check their smartphone multiple times an hour on average.
- Only 21% of smartphone owners age 65 and older say they check their smartphone multiple times an hour.
Compared With Others
61% of respondents say they check their smartphone less often than people they know.
Keeping Smartphones Close
81% respondents say they keep their smartphone near them almost all the time during waking hours.
About the research: The report was based on a Gallup Panel survey, conducted between April 17 and May 18, of 15,747 US adults who say they have a smartphone.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2023
- Why People Delete Apps From Their Phones
- What Annoys People Most About SMS Marketing
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market