How do email campaigns' open rates, click-through rates, click-to-open rates, and unsubscribe rates vary by industry?
To find out, Silverpop examined data from messages sent by nearly 750 companies representing 3,000 brands in 40 countries. A broad set of message types sent by companies in a variety of verticals were included in the study, including promotional emails, content-based newsletters, automated emails, and transactional messages.
Below, key findings from the analysis. To see definitions of the metrics, as well as how performance varies by region, check out the full report.
Unique Open Rates
Five verticals have especially high mean unique open rates: hospitality and travel; insurance; consumer products; nonprofits and government; and education.
The retail/e-commerce and media/publishing verticals have the lowest mean unique open rates.
Emails from brands in the computer and telecommunications, consumer products, and hospitality verticals have the highest mean click-through rates.
Companies in the consumer products and computer hardware verticals have the highest mean click-to-open rates.
Media/publishing companies have the best (lowest) mean unsubscribe rate; real estate and construction companies have the worst (highest) mean unsubscriber rate.
About the research: The report was based on data from messages sent by nearly 750 companies representing 3,000 brands in 40 countries.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing