Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Check out the top ten picks below, and visit the full site to see the complete list of 138 books recommended by the CEOs polled.
About the research: The findings were based on data from a survey of 150 CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Each executive was asked which book(s) they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Company Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: How to Overcome Challenges and Drive True Change
- How to Budget Strategically for Your Digital Marketing Campaigns
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023: Paul Flaharty on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why In-House Brand and Creative Teams Restructure
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now
- Seven Ways Businesses Can Harness the Speed of Technology to Reduce Customer Churn