Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Check out the top ten picks below, and visit the full site to see the complete list of 138 books recommended by the CEOs polled.
About the research: The findings were based on data from a survey of 150 CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Each executive was asked which book(s) they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- The Top Challenges Companies Face in ESG Reporting
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Marketing Has a Data Problem, and Here's What Can Fix It
- How Marketing AI and Automation Are Helping Small Businesses
- Generative AI-Powered Conversations and the Conversation Automation Index: David Greenberg on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Privacy-First World Won't Hurt Your Customer Relationships | Marketing Smarts Live Show