The report was based on data from a survey of more than 6,000 B2B buyers, marketers, and salespeople in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
B2B buyers highly value detailed product information, and they often want to dive deeply into technical details when evaluating vendors, the analysis found.
Some 35% of B2B buyers surveyed say information about product features and functions is the content they value most from vendors; in contrast, just 24% of marketers say this is the most important content type.
Similarly, 31% of B2B buyers say they find product demo content highly effective, but only 18% of B2B marketers say the same.
B2B buyers' use of content channels changes significantly as they move through the buying process, the analysis found.
During the awareness phase, more than two-thirds of B2B buyers say they turn to search and social media to learn more about vendors; as companies dive more deeply into evaluating and choosing products, internal information-sharing becomes the primary content channel.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of more than 6,000 B2B buyers, marketers, and salespeople in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Thought Leadership Content: Emphasize Experience (Or Pay the Google Penalty)
- Unlocking the Secrets of 'Ridiculously Good Content' | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Publications Don't Want Your AI-Generated Content
- The Art of Interviewing: Four Tips for Conducting Engaging Podcast and Radio Interviews
- Maximizing Your Reach—Key Concerns in Promoting and Amplifying Your Content: James Tennant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]