The report was based on data from millions of emails sent by Yesmail customers in 4Q15, as well as data from previous quarters.
More than half of all opens in 4Q15 occurred on mobile devices both for brands that used responsive email design and for those that did not, the analysis found.
However, mobile clicks accounted for less than half of total clicks for brands that sent no responsive messages; in contrast, mobile clicks accounted for 58% of all email clicks for brands that sent only responsive messages.
In other words, consumers open both responsive and non-responsive emails on their smartphones at roughly the same rates, but they are much less likely to click through if they encounter messages that are not optimized for their devices.
Some 17% of the brands examined used responsive design in all the emails they sent in 4Q15, and 26.7% did not use responsive design in any of the emails they sent.
About the research: The report was based on data from millions of emails sent by Yesmail customers in 4Q15, as well as data from previous quarters.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP