The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers age 14-67 who live in the United States.
Some 85% of respondents say receiving discounts is one of the most important reasons they sign up for emails from brands.
Less than half—41%—say product/service updates is a key reason for signing up, 38% say they subscribe if they love a brand, and 27% want to be part of product research.
The top types of discounts that consumers want to receive in marketing emails are percentage-off offers (35% say they prefer those most), free shipping (20%), free trials (14%), and dollar-off promotions (14%).
Some 60% of respondents say they receive too many promotional emails from brands.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers of age 14 to 67 who live in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing