The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers age 14-67 who live in the United States.
Some 85% of respondents say receiving discounts is one of the most important reasons they sign up for emails from brands.
Less than half—41%—say product/service updates is a key reason for signing up, 38% say they subscribe if they love a brand, and 27% want to be part of product research.
The top types of discounts that consumers want to receive in marketing emails are percentage-off offers (35% say they prefer those most), free shipping (20%), free trials (14%), and dollar-off promotions (14%).
Some 60% of respondents say they receive too many promotional emails from brands.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers of age 14 to 67 who live in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges
- Six Steps for Branding Your Emails Like a Pro [Infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Great Sales Outreach Email [Infographic]
- Seven Post-Purchase Email Conversations That Will Foster Customer Trust and Loyalty