Is B2B company data provided by major vendors correct? How likely is it that marketers and salespeople will be able to connect with the prospects they're trying to reach?
The researchers used PointClear to verify by phone the accuracy of the company names, addresses, and URLs collected by the data vendors.
Overall, most of the data provided by vendors is accurate, ranging from 93% to 99% correct, the analysis found.
Company name is the field most likely to be inaccurate, though 93% of names are correct, on average.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of B2B prospecting data provided by five major vendors: Equifax, Harte Hanks, Infogroup, Lake B2B, and Salesforce.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- How Salestech Can Embrace Customization at Scale
- Empowering Sales Success: The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Why B2B Salestech and Sales Enablement Tools Don't Meet Expectations
- When Do B2B Buyers Contact Vendors?
- Selling in a Recession: Challenges and Training Opportunities
- Mastering Account Penetration: Four Essential Tactics for Sales Success