Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders hold big advantages over Donald Trump in email list size, but the presumptive GOP nominee tops both Democrats in email open rate, according to recent data from Return Path.
The report was based on 2016 data from Return Path's Consumer Network, comprising information from more than 2.5 million individual inboxes.
The researcher examined how each candidate’s email metrics compare with industry (Government, Nonprofit, and Education) benchmarks.
Both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have more email subscribers than Donald Trump, the analysis of Return Path data found.
Donald Trump has the highest average email open rate of the three candidates.
Bernie Sanders has the lowest "deleted without opening" rate, meaning that his subscribers are the least likely to send campaign messages directly to the trash.
About the research: The report was based on 2016 data from Return Path's Consumer Network, comprising information from more than 2.5 million individual inboxes.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Craft the Perfect Cold Email With ChatGPT
- How Enterprises Are Using AI for Email Marketing
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)