The report was based on data from a survey of 300 marketers who work for e-commerce companies around the world. Respondents were asked to rate the effectiveness of various email tactics.
The six tactics that received the top effectiveness scores (very or somewhat effective) from e-commerce marketers were as follows:
—Exclusive email-only offers (99%)
—Cart recovery emails (98%)
—Product status change emails (93%)
—Offers in transactional emails (93%)
—Birthday/reminder emails (92%)
—Email address collection at registration (87%)
Some 64% of e-commerce marketers say they plan to send more emails to consumers this year, 32% plan to keep email volume the same, and 4% plan to reduce the number of emails they send.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 marketers who work for e-commerce companies around the world. Respondents were asked to rate the effectiveness of various email tactics.
Continue reading "The Six Most Effective E-Commerce Email Tactics" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Taking the Mystery Out of Email Deliverability [Infographic]
- More Meaningful Metrics: Four Tips for Marketers Post-Apple iOS 15 Privacy Updates
- Four Things You Should Know About Email List Validation
- Email Marketing Benchmarks: Trends From 2021
- The Art and Science of Email Survey Invitations
- Eight Alternatives to Open-Triggered Email Sequences in the Age of Mail Privacy Protection