Businesses say email marketing and content marketing are the two most effective digital channels for generating sales leads, according to a recent report from Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a survey of 244 businesspeople (owners, executives, salespeople, marketers, etc.) who work for firms in the United States (49% B2B, 25% B2C, 26% hybrid).
Some 45% of respondents say email is one of the most effective online tactics for lead generation; 45% also say content marketing is one of the most effective tactics.
Other top channels include social media marketing (39% rank it as one of the most effective tactics), landing page/website optimization (38%), and SEO (38%).
Respondents say content marketing is the hardest lead generation tactic (47% cite it as one of the most difficult to execute); social media marketing is seen as the second-hardest tactic to execute (44%), followed by SEO (36%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 244 businesspeople (owners, executives, salespeople, marketers, etc.) who work for firms in the United States (49% B2B, 25% B2C, 26% hybrid).
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- A Beginner's Guide to Using GIFs in Marketing
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster? Chris Carr on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Six Ways to Unlock Web3 for B2B Marketers
- Why Marketing Needs to Cultivate Conversation and Community: Revisiting 'The Cluetrain Manifesto'
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]