The report was based on 2Q16 Experian data from the company's roster of business clients.
Some 58% of all email opens it examined occurred on mobile phones or tablets (45% phones, 13% tablets) in 2Q16, a 14% increase from a year earlier.
Although desktop computers accounted for only 42% of email opens, they were responsible for 49% of email-generated revenue tracked by Experian.
Most 2Q16 email opens occurred on mobile phones or tablets for all industries except business products/services:
All industries examined by Experian had year-over-year (YOY) increases in opens and clicks on mobile phones from 2Q15 to 2Q16.
The share of clicks received on tablets increased for all industries YOY except business products/services:
About the research: The report was based on 2Q16 Experian data from the company's roster of business clients.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Four Ways to Empower Your Email Marketing Strategy With AI
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020