The report was based on 2Q16 Experian data from the company's roster of business clients.
Some 58% of all email opens it examined occurred on mobile phones or tablets (45% phones, 13% tablets) in 2Q16, a 14% increase from a year earlier.
Although desktop computers accounted for only 42% of email opens, they were responsible for 49% of email-generated revenue tracked by Experian.
Most 2Q16 email opens occurred on mobile phones or tablets for all industries except business products/services:
All industries examined by Experian had year-over-year (YOY) increases in opens and clicks on mobile phones from 2Q15 to 2Q16.
The share of clicks received on tablets increased for all industries YOY except business products/services:
About the research: The report was based on 2Q16 Experian data from the company's roster of business clients.
Continue reading "Email Open Rates on Mobile Devices by Industry, 2Q16" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- More Meaningful Metrics: Four Tips for Marketers Post-Apple iOS 15 Privacy Updates
- Four Things You Should Know About Email List Validation
- Email Marketing Benchmarks: Trends From 2021
- The Art and Science of Email Survey Invitations
- Eight Alternatives to Open-Triggered Email Sequences in the Age of Mail Privacy Protection
- Email Security: Why You Need DMARC for Marketing, Too