The most effective days and times for brands to post on social media vary significantly by network, according to recent data from TrackMaven.
Its report was based an analysis of 17.5 million social media posts made by 17,737 brands on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Brand posts made to Instagram garner the most engagement (likes, comments, etc.) at 7 PM EST, on average, and on Fridays, the analysis found.
Brands' Pinterest pins also perform best on Fridays, though they register the highest engagement levels around 1 AM EST.
In contrast, brand LinkedIn posts perform best at 9 AM EST and on Wednesdays. Brands' Twitter posts and Facebook posts both garner the most engagement on Thursdays.
The best days and times to post to social media also varies significantly by industry, the analysis found.
For example, the most effective day and time for aviation brands to tweet is at 1 PM EST, and on Fridays, whereas for marketing and advertising firms it is 4 PM EST and on Thursdays.
To see industry-specific data for 75 verticals, check out the full report.
About the research: The report was based an analysis of 17.5 million social media posts made by 17,737 brands on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]