Which influencers have the biggest impact on content marketing discussions? Who drives conversation about the topic online and in news outlets?
To find out, ScribbleLive used its Insights tool to analyze millions of pieces of content posted in 2016 on social media, news sites, blogs, and forums. The researchers looked to see who were featured most frequently in discussions, tagged in relevant social posts, and quoted in the media.
The list of the top 20 content marketing influencers includes Jeff Bullas of JeffBullas.com, Joe Pulizzi of the Content Marketing Institute, Sam Hurley of Curatti, and MarketingProfs' own Ann Handley.
Not surprisingly, #ContentMarketing is the hashtag used most by content marketing influencers on social media.
Other frequently used hashtags include #SMM, #InboundMarketing, #Infographic, #MarketingTips, #SocialMedia, #ContentStrategy, #SEO, #GrowthHacking, and #DigitalBranding.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of millions of pieces of content posted in 2016 on social media, news sites, blogs, and forums.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- Marketing at the Speed of Thought: AI Use Cases for Four Content Types
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]