The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults in the United States who say email is significant to their work.
Some 54% of respondents say they check their work email multiple times a day, though not constantly; just 16% say they check email only once a day.
Some 71% of respondents say they check email for the first time each workday between 5 AM and 9 AM; 70% of respondents check work email for the last time after 6 PM.
More than half (58%) of those surveyed say they respond to most work emails, on average, within one hour; 26% say they typically respond within 1-6 hours, 11% within 6-24 hours, and 5% take more than 24 hours.
Check out the infographic below for more insights from the report:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults in the United States who say email is significant to their work.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing