The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2016 of 265 marketers (47% B2B, 35% B2C, 18% both B2B and B2C).
Some 63% of respondents say brand websites are one of the most effective channels to include in a 2017 digital marketing plan; 52% say email is one of the most effective channels to include; 49% say social media; and 31% cite organic search.
Respondents say the most difficult channels to execute in a digital marketing plan are brand websites (40% cite as a difficult channel), social media (40%), and organic search (39%).
Some 51% of respondents say the effectiveness of digital marketing channels is increasing marginally over time, and 37% say it is increasing significantly; 10% say effectiveness is decreasing marginally, and 2% say it is decreasing significantly.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2016 of 265 marketers (47% B2B-focused, 35% B2C, 18% both B2B and B2C).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- What Is Marketing Strategy? A Brief Introduction
- 10 Ways to Improve Customer Experience [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Three Steps to Personalizing the Overall Customer Experience
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy