The report was based on an analysis of data from more than 25 million one-to-one (i.e., not to a list) emails sent via the HubSpot Sales platform by firms in 28 different industries.
Only 37% of sales emails are actually opened, on average, the analysis found.
The arts and entertainment industry has the highest average open rate (47%) for sales emails; construction ranks second (45% average open rate), followed by human resources (44%) and legal/government (44%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]