The report was based on data from an analysis conducted in 2016 of the social media presences of Fortune 500 CEOs on six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Fully 300 of Fortune 500 CEOs do not have an active public account on any of the six social networks examined.
Some 131 CEOs are on one network, 54 are on two networks, 9 are on three networks, 5 are on four networks, and 1 (Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi) is on five networks.
LinkedIn is the most popular social network with CEOs (181 of Fortune 500 heads have public accounts); Facebook ranks second (40), followed by Twitter (36), Google+ (33), and Instagram (11).
None of the CEOs examined have a personal presence on YouTube. However, 43% of Fortune 500 CEOs have been featured on their company’s YouTube channel (e.g., for the Ice Bucket Challenge).
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink has the most followers (536,240) on LinkedIn of any Fortune 500 head; Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase ranks second (498,000 followers).
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis conducted in 2016 of the social media presences of Fortune 500 CEOs on six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Social Media Style Guide in Five Steps
- The Magical Combination of B2B Marketing and Instagram: Jenn Herman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Where Influencers Wield the Most Influence [Infographic]
- Four B2B Event Marketing Takeaways From TikTok