The report was based on data from an analysis conducted in 2016 of the social media presences of Fortune 500 CEOs on six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Fully 300 of Fortune 500 CEOs do not have an active public account on any of the six social networks examined.
Some 131 CEOs are on one network, 54 are on two networks, 9 are on three networks, 5 are on four networks, and 1 (Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi) is on five networks.
LinkedIn is the most popular social network with CEOs (181 of Fortune 500 heads have public accounts); Facebook ranks second (40), followed by Twitter (36), Google+ (33), and Instagram (11).
None of the CEOs examined have a personal presence on YouTube. However, 43% of Fortune 500 CEOs have been featured on their company’s YouTube channel (e.g., for the Ice Bucket Challenge).
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink has the most followers (536,240) on LinkedIn of any Fortune 500 head; Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase ranks second (498,000 followers).
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis conducted in 2016 of the social media presences of Fortune 500 CEOs on six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead