The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2017 of marketing decision-makers at companies with 1,000 or more employees.
Some 20% of respondents say social media is the most effective tactic for promoting in-person events; email ranks second (18% say it is the most effective tactic), followed by word-of-mouth (14%).
Marketers say the three most important technologies for holding/sponsoring a successful event are event automation/management software, registration management software, and lead capture software.
Respondents say they measure the success of an event by looking at attendance (67% cite it as a metric they use), revenue generated (56%), attendee engagement (54%), and registrations (52%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2017 of marketing decision makers at companies with 1,000 or more employees.
Continue reading "Event Marketing Trends: Top Promotional Tactics, Tech, and Metrics" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- B2B Buyers Are Back: Three Ways Your Marketing Team Can Profit
- Five Reasons Marketing Orchestration, Powered by the Right Tech Stack, Is Critical to Your Strategy Execution
- Campaign Expansion in 2021 Requires B2B Marketing Agencies and PR Firms to Keep Pace With New Market Demands
- Best-Practices for Reaching and Marketing to the C-Suite Audience
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021