The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2017 of marketing decision-makers at companies with 1,000 or more employees.
Some 20% of respondents say social media is the most effective tactic for promoting in-person events; email ranks second (18% say it is the most effective tactic), followed by word-of-mouth (14%).
Marketers say the three most important technologies for holding/sponsoring a successful event are event automation/management software, registration management software, and lead capture software.
Respondents say they measure the success of an event by looking at attendance (67% cite it as a metric they use), revenue generated (56%), attendee engagement (54%), and registrations (52%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2017 of marketing decision makers at companies with 1,000 or more employees.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget: Recession Strategies and Tips | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Navigating the Power of B2B Communication by Getting to the Point: Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Link Prospects' Personal and Business Data to Engage and Convert: The Awesome Power of B2B2C Linkage Data
- For AI-Driven B2B Customer Experiences, You'll Need These Four Strategic Investments
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]