The research was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2017 among a nationally representative panel of 4,971 adults in the United States.
Some 67% of respondents say they get at least some of their news on social media, with 20% saying they do so often.
That's up slightly from 2016, when 62% of US adults reported getting news from social media.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]