The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2017 among 318 marketers in the United States.
Respondents were asked whether they believe five ideas/terms—artificial intelligence, Big Data, omnichannel, real-time marketing, and personalization—are overhyped (i.e., closer to fantasy than reality).
Some 47% of marketers say artificial intelligence is overhyped; 31% say Big Data is overhyped; 23% say omnichannel is overhyped; 20% say real-time marketing is overhyped; and just 14% say personalization is overhyped.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19's Impact on Marketers' Content, Investment, and Targeting Strategies
- Five Measures for Proving the ROI of Your Employee Advocacy Efforts
- The Future of Marketing Events in the Age of COVID-19
- B2B Brands: Five Marketing Strategies to Come Out of the Recession Strong
- COVID-19's Impact on Digital Agencies' Revenue and Leads