The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2017 among 318 marketers in the United States.
Respondents were asked whether they believe five ideas/terms—artificial intelligence, Big Data, omnichannel, real-time marketing, and personalization—are overhyped (i.e., closer to fantasy than reality).
Some 47% of marketers say artificial intelligence is overhyped; 31% say Big Data is overhyped; 23% say omnichannel is overhyped; 20% say real-time marketing is overhyped; and just 14% say personalization is overhyped.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Profit-Mapping Helps You Avoid Using the Ways of the Past to Manage the Challenges of the Future
- What Is Marketing Orchestration? [Infographic]
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]