The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2017 among 318 marketers in the United States.
Respondents were asked whether they believe five ideas/terms—artificial intelligence, Big Data, omnichannel, real-time marketing, and personalization—are overhyped (i.e., closer to fantasy than reality).
Some 47% of marketers say artificial intelligence is overhyped; 31% say Big Data is overhyped; 23% say omnichannel is overhyped; 20% say real-time marketing is overhyped; and just 14% say personalization is overhyped.
Some 40% of marketers say they feel skeptical when they hear the term "artificial intelligence"; 34% say they feel exhausted when they hear the term "Big Data."
Some 55% of marketers say they blame marketing technology vendors for overhyping buzzwords; 38% say they blame journalists/bloggers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2017 among 318 marketers in the United States.
Continue reading "Are These Five Marketing Buzzwords and Concepts Overhyped?" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Campaign Expansion in 2021 Requires B2B Marketing Agencies and PR Firms to Keep Pace With New Market Demands
- Best-Practices for Reaching and Marketing to the C-Suite Audience
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021
- What Are You Going to Do About Your Outdated B2B Buyer Personas?
- Wonderfully Weird Ideas: Scott Trobaugh and Cliff Lewis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]