The report was based on data from a September 2017 survey of 1,220 consumers.
Some 94% of people who have posted to social media about a holiday/life milestone (engagement, professional accomplishment, etc.) have done so to Facebook; 39% have posted to Instagram; and 27% have posted to Snapchat.
Millennials are somewhat less likely than Baby Boomers and Gen Xers to have shared a holiday/milestone posts to Facebook (92% vs. 97%).
Some 53% of Millennials say they have used Instagram to share a holiday/milestone post compared with 25% of other generations; 42% of Millennials say they have used Snapchat to share a holiday/milestone post compared with just 12% of other generations.
Some 79% of consumers say they;ve shared details about a holiday/milestone with friends and family on social media.
That compares with 75% who have have shared holiday/milestone updates in-person, 72% who have texted, and 71% who have made a phone call.
Some 47% of consumers say they would share information about a brand in a holiday-related post if it were relevant, and 43% say they would share information about a brand in a travel-related post if it were relevant.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2017 among 1,220 consumers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead