The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2017 among 217 marketing influencers (43% work for B2B firms, 35% for B2C firms, and 22% for hybrid firms).
Some 52% of respondents said they expect their digital marketing budget to increase marginally in the year ahead, and 41% expect their digital marketing budget to increase significantly.
Only 7% of respondents expect to decrease their digital marketing spend in 2018.
Respondents say the most effective digital marketing tactics in 2018 will be social media marketing (18% say so) and content marketing (17%).
Respondents say the most difficult digital marketing tactics to execute are data management and marketing technology (18% cite each).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2017 among 217 marketing influencers (43% work for B2B firms, 35% for B2C firms, and 22% for hybrid firms).
Continue reading "2018 Digital Marketing Plans: Budget and Tactic Trends" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Four Benchmarks of an Agency's Life Cycle—And How to Profit From Them
- How to Spark Customer Delight in Unexpected Places
- 15 Data Fallacies to Avoid [Infographic]
- What Will a Cookieless Future Look Like Five Years On?
- How Cookie Loss Is Affecting Enterprise Marketing Strategies
- How Superior Product Experiences Can Fuel Exceptional Customer Experiences: Three Considerations