The median number of shares content pieces receive on social media has fallen over the past two years due largely to increased competition, changes made by Facebook, and the rise of private sharing, according to recent research from BuzzSumo.
The report was based on an analysis of the public social shares of 100 million posts published in 2017, as well as third-party data. The researchers compared the results with data from a similar study conducted in 2015.
The median number of public social shares per content piece fell from 8 in 2015 to just 4 in 2017.
Some 90% of content pieces published in 2017 garnered fewer than 62 shares, and 95% garnered fewer than 343 shares.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns