How do rival brands such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi perform on social media? Which competitors are getting referenced more and receiving more positive mentions?
Pepsi received more mentions on social media than Coke in the time period examined (10.2 million vs. 8.4 million).
However, the share of mentions that were positive was significantly higher for Coke than Pepsi (51% vs. 45%).
The iPhone received many more mentions on social media than Android during the period examined (116.1 million vs. 6.2 million). Most mentions of both rivals were positive, though Android had a higher share of positive sentiment (77% vs. 61%).
The PlayStation 4 received significantly more social mentions than both the XBox One and the Nintendo Switch during the time period examined (51.9 million vs. 17.6 million and 14.3 million, respectively).
The Switch had the highest share of positive sentiment (73%).
About the research: The report was based on data from Talkwalker's Quick Search tool. The researchers examined the performance of various bands across multiple social networks over the previous 13 months.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share