The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May 2018 among 1,253 consumers and 2,060 social media marketers.
Consumers say the types of social content they value most from brands are posts about discounts/sales (72% say so) and posts that showcase new products/services (60%).
In contrast, marketers say the types of social content they share most are posts that teach something (61% say so) and posts that tell a story (58%).
Consumers say they are most likely to both engage with and share posts that include discounts/sales.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May, 2018 among 1,253 consumers and 2,060 social media marketers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- Why and How Businesses Engage in Social Media Listening
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2022 [Infographic]
- Gen Z Trends on YouTube: Three New Types of Creativity [Infographic]
- The Social Media Platforms Used Most by Journalists
- Ad Creative Best-Practices for Reddit [Infographic]