The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million Instagram posts made by 44,432 brand profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Carousel posts (posts with multiple images) garner 2.2% more engagement (likes and comments) compared with single-image posts, and video posts garner 18.6% more engagement compared with carousel posts.
Video posts garner 21.2% more engagement, on average, compared with image posts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media