The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million Instagram posts made by 44,432 brand profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Carousel posts (posts with multiple images) garner 2.2% more engagement (likes and comments) compared with single-image posts, and video posts garner 18.6% more engagement compared with carousel posts.
Video posts garner 21.2% more engagement, on average, compared with image posts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Build (and Level Up) Influencer Campaigns
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]