The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million Instagram posts made by 44,432 brand profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Carousel posts (posts with multiple images) garner 2.2% more engagement (likes and comments) compared with single-image posts, and video posts garner 18.6% more engagement compared with carousel posts.
Video posts garner 21.2% more engagement, on average, compared with image posts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019