The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million Instagram posts made by 44,432 brand profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Carousel posts (posts with multiple images) garner 2.2% more engagement (likes and comments) compared with single-image posts, and video posts garner 18.6% more engagement compared with carousel posts.
Video posts garner 21.2% more engagement, on average, compared with image posts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]