The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million Instagram posts made by 44,432 brand profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Carousel posts (posts with multiple images) garner 2.2% more engagement (likes and comments) compared with single-image posts, and video posts garner 18.6% more engagement compared with carousel posts.
Video posts garner 21.2% more engagement, on average, compared with image posts.
Some 31.7% of the posts analyzed had descriptions consisting of 300+ characters in length, 30% had descriptions between 150-300 characters in length, and 38.4% had descriptions under 150 characters in length.
Some 28.9% of the posts analyzed included no hashtags, 36.2% included 1-3 hashtags, and 34.9% included four or more hashtags.
More than half (54.9%) of the posts examined did not include an emoji.
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 8.9 million posts made by 44,432 Instagram Business profiles between January 1 and September 30, 2018.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks: CPM, CPC, CTR, and Objectives Trends
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]