The researchers found the average engagement rate (likes and comments divided by follower count) per post is now around 2%, down from 3% a year ago.
The decline in engagement began in November 2018, around when Instagram announced a new effort to remove fake accounts from the service.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]