The researchers found the average engagement rate (likes and comments divided by follower count) per post is now around 2%, down from 3% a year ago.
The decline in engagement began in November 2018, around when Instagram announced a new effort to remove fake accounts from the service.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Video Marketing Friday Forum
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement