The researchers found the average engagement rate (likes and comments divided by follower count) per post is now around 2%, down from 3% a year ago.
The decline in engagement began in November 2018, around when Instagram announced a new effort to remove fake accounts from the service.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Using Social Listening in Your Content Strategy
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations